Vertical coloured lines on my monitor

dobber 1 12:13 20 Oct 09

I have been using a Samsung SyncMaster 2433bw monitor for about 6 months now, and after about 3 months a green vertical line appeared to the right of the screen. Every time I logged on, another would appear; yellow, red, and more green ones. They have stopped now, but I can't get rid of them, and havn't a clue as what to do.

johndrew 12:22 20 Oct 09

Have you tried the monitor on another PC to see if that cures the problem?

You could try re-seating your graphics card and memory modules as they sometimes give vertical lines on the monitor. Unfortunately one of the indicators of a failing monitor can also be vertical lines.

ashleycardwell94 17:58 20 Oct 09

the might be a faulty monitor you have, sometimes if a screen is on its way out, half of the screen will be normal and the other half will have coloured lines, this sometimes happens to tvs but if it aint bad it will cure itself

ambra4 04:37 21 Oct 09

“I can't get rid of them, and haven’t a clue as what to do”

It looks like the display card is causing the problem

Check the monitor on a difference computer if it works fine you need to replace the display card

jack 10:42 21 Oct 09

Check pins in data cable/sockets to endure all are true and not bent.
Proximity of speakers and other electromagnetic devices can upset the scanning .
So move stuff around, check cable/sockets

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…