Version Tracker

Ken H Lamb 12:35 14 Aug 05

I have been using the basic version of this program for the past year and quite like it, I have recently downloaded the pro version and I like the look of that also the basic version is free the pro version requires a subscription which is in dollars to the American site. Has anyone subscribed to this program? If so did you have any problems? I have never purchased anyting from American sites in the past and I am a bit reluctant to give my credit card details to sites that I don't now. I usually only purchase from UK sites. Does the cost shown on the credit card statement in pounds or dollars? Is there any additional fee added. Any help would be appreciated since I have wanted to purchase form the states in the past but never have. Thanks Ken

Stuartli 13:55 14 Aug 05

Providing it is a reputable company paying by credit card should pose no problems - I've often bought goods from the States this way.

In fact it often proves cheaper as the credit card companies normally do bulk currency exchanges each day into Sterling and obtain better rates.

Totally-braindead 14:03 14 Aug 05

To answer the query about the currency, my credit card statement says something like $50 exchange rate $1.90 per pound or whatever and the total deduction in pounds sterling. I also have bought from the states and haven't had a problem, as long as its a reputable firm you will be ok but watch if you're buying something that needs to physically shipped, ie not a download, as you may be hit by customs charges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…