verifying dmi pool data

God Doesn't Play Dice 17:36 17 May 05

The short version: I cant boot windows

The LONG Version: I wanted to try out linux. So i downloaded the mandrake 10.1 iso files from the website and installed Linux. This went well. Then i went into windows and everything was fine. But when i was using partition manager i accidentally deleted the linux partition!!!. Now whenever i startup i get the message "verifying dmi pool data". I guess this is because the lilo boot loader messed around with the master boot record and has not set the configuration back to normal. So, thinking that this might solve the problem (foolish me.....should have known) i used the restore cd that came with my computer thinking that it would reset everything and i would be able to boot windows again. But i was sadly mistaken. It still hangs at verifying dmi pool data. Luckily i backed up all my files on to another computer on my network and their safe. Unfortunately for me i can't use windows so i installed Linux and that's what i am typing this topic on right now.

Somebody please tell me a way to get windows back

P.S. the restore cd was not a full copy of Windows rather it was just two files which deleted everything on my hard drive except the windows files and the ones needed for startup and stuff. I can 'see' them while using Linux its just that i can't boot from them

Please Help!

VoG II 17:59 17 May 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…