Verify DMI Pool Data E

Gordon999 12:51 20 Jun 06

I hope some one can help. I've looked through other posts regarding the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" issue and it looks like I've done almost everything other users have suggested.

My problem is that when I insert my XP bootable floppy and type in the commands suggested i.e fdisk /mbr and sys c: I get the "Bad command or file" message. Has any one got any suggestions as I've data on the HDD which I need and really cannot afford to rebuild the drive at this stage or be raped by PC World for a data extraction.

Gordy

ACOLYTE 13:11 20 Jun 06

Not sure on this but i think the command is somthing like A:\FDISK.EXE /MBR, or somthing you can also run the option from the XP cd if you have one from the repair option run the recovery console and select FIXMBR command.

HTH.

Gordon999 13:29 20 Jun 06

Thanks very much will try that and let you know.

Gordon

Gordon999 15:46 21 Jun 06

Well I tried that and it stated that the MBR had been replaced. I did a chkdsk and it said everything was fine......But it still freezes at DMI.

Thanks anyway for your help. I think I'm going to get a dat extraction done so I can rebuild the drive and get it back into use.

Thanks once again

Gordon

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 21 Jun 06

data extraction will cost a fortune.

you obviously have access to another PC (the one your using now)

Can you couple your HDD as slave to the good pc and access the drive.
Or fit your dive to a USB / ide adapter click here and extract the files. Paid £7 for one of these at a computer fair. An external Hard drive caddy will cost aprox £18

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…