Verbatim ULTRA SPEED CD-RW Prob.

Sparkly 16:24 07 Nov 06

Hi i have backed up some old LP's onto CDR's for my sister and in return she has bought me a box of Verbatim Ultra-Speed CD-RW 16-24x 700mb discs, i put a blanc disc into my rewriter and used nero to burn some tracks onto for the car,went through the burning phase and completed and told the disc is ready for use but when i put it back in the PC's drive it does not see anything on the disc and will not play anything it just hangs ther with the egg timer,when i go into taskmanager to end the task i get a box pop up saying that windows does not recognise this media format the disc, but it allowed me to write to the disc using nero as i do with many other disc i have done allso it wont play in the car. I am useing
Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.6.1.4
With a Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E Writer CD-R 32x CD-RW 16x
Windows XP Home SP2
No problems atall with any other disc this is a first. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.
Allso on the box it has For ultra speed cd-rw drives only and allso Advanced SERL

rodriguez 16:56 07 Nov 06

Some audio CD players won't play CD-RW discs, especially older ones because the recording ink is too dark and the laser isn't strong enough to pick it up, so it's best to use CD-R for music. In the past I've converted older CD players by turning a screw on the back of the laser head and that strengthens the beam to make it pick the disc up, however it's tricky because if it goes too strong it won't read normal discs. I still don't know why the PC won't detect it though because they normally CD-RW's - it probably didn't finalise the disc properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5