Verbatim DVD's

fazer 07:53 01 Jul 04

Further to a previous question I posted on this forum, I have been advised to buy Verbatum DVD-R disks and several other postings on the forum have also mentioned this particular make.

Are they the best to get? If they are, is it because of the quality or their compatability range with domestic DVD players? (both which are important to me).

georgemac 08:26 01 Jul 04

any disk with the ritek g04 dye is usually highly recommended for compatibilty

click here svp communications is where I buy my blank disks, postage can be expensive but if you join their buyers club, usually they have a 99p weekend shipping offer about once per month.

SirGalahad2004 10:46 01 Jul 04

i agree with georgemac
i use ritek G04 , never hand any problem with them yet . would recomend anyone to use those

georgemac 10:51 01 Jul 04

I started off with a sony, it is very fussy about media, and is now in my daughters bedroom. I have a panasonic suuround sound dvd player and any type of dvd disk (only tried around 4) plays with no problems.

My parents have an LG dvd player, I tried to copy some home movies for them to watch, but the dvd player was incredibly fussy, and I ended up with dvd+rw which plays OK on it.

I got the info about the media the dvd players like from click here search for your player and it should have info about media it likes or does not like.

spuds 11:59 01 Jul 04

Agree with all the above comments.I use the Verbatim disks, and so far I have never had any problems. If you purchase from SVP or BigPockets, be selective on the disks you choose.Some of the cheaper offers may not fully work on your particular reader/writer.

fazer 18:47 01 Jul 04

Thank you all for the advice. I will take heed and go and buy some Verbatim disks.

Tinkey Winkey 19:38 01 Jul 04

:)

SEASHANTY 19:53 01 Jul 04

If you want the disc to last then use Verbatim. They always work fine on my Panasonic standalone DVD recorder. Either the 2x or 4x. The Ritek G04 discs
from SVP communications also work well but they are
twice as thick and heavier than the Verbatim. I have had difficulty with the Mirror 4x DVD-R discs which
seem not to want to work on the Panasonic. Surprises
me as they are listed as Panasonic Mirror discs. BTW
Verbatim discs are made by Mitsubishi and do not use the G04 dye.

g0nvs 21:15 01 Jul 04

Ritek GO4 or Verbatim everytime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…