vdmsound

elbecko 22:28 12 Dec 05

hi, i really need help!

everytime i click on an icon to open a program while i am at my desktop, a black box covers half the screen called VDMSound 2.0.4 DOS PROMPT
it is just about impossible to go anywhere, i can't go to add/remove even.

from what i've read it is something to do with games? i never play games. i want to uninstall it but can't get to add/remove to do it.

please help me!!!

thank you

VoG II 22:37 12 Dec 05

It seems to be a sound card driver issue. Have you been into Device Manager, right clicked the sound card and selected Update?

elbecko 22:39 12 Dec 05

no i haven't.

VoG II 22:41 12 Dec 05

Well you could!

elbecko 22:47 12 Dec 05

i'm fairly new with computers, and i do not know where the device manager is.

VoG II 22:48 12 Dec 05

Start, Control Panel, System, Device Manager.

curlylad 22:57 12 Dec 05

I think this is something to do with sound and or DOS usage of sound in games(?).

Firstly I would be checking that your sound card is working correctly via device manager , perhaps update the driver for your sound card.

Do you have another user who is trying to install a different sound card ?

Is it bits and bobs cluttering up your PC from the driver of an old sound card?

elbecko 23:01 12 Dec 05

hi, i can't access device manager. i get as far as system, but when i click on that, the black screen appears and cancels my original command.
no there is no other user on the pc.

VoG II 23:03 12 Dec 05

Try a repair click here

Jaro 23:17 12 Dec 05

try sysetem restore. it will restore your PC to an earlier time when it was working properly

elbecko 23:21 12 Dec 05

where is system restore?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…