VD D Problems

metamorph 13:09 19 Mar 04

every time i download something or sometimes when i open apps i get a message saying

C:/WINNT/system32/pcpbios.exe system/CurrentControlSet/Control/virtualdevicedriver.VDD VDD format in registry is invalid close or ignore

(it doesnt happen at any regular time or with any particular app)

what does it mean and is it important? should i delete it or should it be fixed (if thats poss) i await learned advice

M

WIN2000 pro with office xp

MichelleC 13:23 19 Mar 04

M$ came up with this:

This behavior can occur if the following registry value has become corrupted:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD

This issue may occur after you install a 16-bit program, or a program that uses a 16-bit installation program, that is not Windows 2000 compliant.
RESOLUTION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Locate and click the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD

On the Edit menu, click Delete.
On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
Type VDD in the Value Name box, click REG_MULTI_SZ for the Data Type, and then click OK.
The Multi-String editor appears. Leave this entry blank and click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.
If the above steps do not work, or if you are unable to create the VDD key, it may be necessary to also delete and recreate the whole VirtualDeviceDrivers registry key.

BTW from the title of your thread I thought you'd got other probs.

metamorph 13:31 19 Mar 04

thought you might

thanx

metamorph 13:38 19 Mar 04

do you think it could have been caused by instaling winrescue, which is for win95?? although was uninstalled almost straight away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…