vcr to dvd

shazoll 14:11 25 Jan 03

Can anyone help i wish to put wedding video onto dvd. I have dvd writer what else would i need and would it improve quality of recording.

siouxah1 16:00 25 Jan 03

Hello shazoll,

Last things first. It will not improve quality. If it is not there then that is it.

For VCR to DVD you will require some hardware and software if you do not already have it.

To capture the video to disc is the first step. For this you will require a capture card that will accept analogue in. The source could be your camera or VCR.

The second step is to edit the video, if required. For this an editing programme is required. This sometimes comes with the capture card. I believe that there is limited edit facilities in XP.

Then the final step is to output to DVD. The captured video requires encoding and burning to DVD. The burning programme that came with your DVD writer should deal with this.

The final written DVD disc is not always compatible with stand alone Players. You would need to check this out carefully.

Try here for some good information. click here

There are more keen video editors here on this forum that may have done just this thing so hang around and put your query back to the top if needed.

Regards Brian.

PS I write CD in VCD and SVCD but have no experience of DVD writing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…