VCR

denali 11:57 23 Jan 04

Please excuse me if I am in the wrong forum.
When I record on my VCR the picture playback is excellent, but the sound is almost non existent.
I have tried with and without scart leads but there is no difference. Both TV and VCR are only 14 months old. I have only come across the problem recently because until now I have only watched pre-recorded (rented)tapes and with these there is no problem.
Thank you for any help you may be able to give me

keenan 12:39 23 Jan 04

Assuming your question is not related to 'transferring video from PC' etc, (which it dose,nt appear to be).

You may find this site helpful

click here

denali 13:01 23 Jan 04

keenan

Thank you for your quick response.
I went to the site you suggested and scrolled around. It appears to be an excellent site but being a complete idiot it appeared much to technical for me, even on the search button I could not find an answer. Anyway I shall keep trying. Thank you once more for your help

Stuartli 15:03 23 Jan 04

It may be that the heads have become clogged.

Try running a (new if you have one) tape on the machine in fast forward play mode (i.e. the tape is still in contact with the heads); if this doesn't work use a cleaning tape (but this is a last resort measure).

Otherwise it may have to go into a workshop to have the heads cleaned by hand; it's done using a piece of chamois leather attached to a small piece of wood which has been dipped in dedicated cleaning fluid.

As the machine is still switched on during the cleaning best not to attempt it yourself....:-)

Stuartli 15:05 23 Jan 04

The problem is almost certainly due to using rented tapes, which get a lot of use on a variety of machines.

denali 17:34 24 Jan 04

Stuartli.
Thank you so much for your excellent advise.
I bought a new tape, did as you said, now everything works fine. Once again, thank you.
Thanks also to you other chaps who answered my call!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…