vcf. addition to a friendly email.

Eamonncw 21:54 05 Oct 04

My OS, XP Pro SP2, won`t let me open the above addition to a friend`s email. I`ve tried the Windows approach but got little help. Have you guys any helpful suggestions, please?

VoG II 21:56 05 Oct 04

If this is in Outlook Express, Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Valvegrid 21:59 05 Oct 04

If vcf is the file extension its a vCard File for Outlook, I don't think it works in Outlook Express, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Eamonncw 22:03 05 Oct 04

Sorry. I should have said I don`t use Outlook Express. I use My ISP Onetel

Valvegrid 22:07 05 Oct 04

But what do you read your emails in, or do you read them on web mail? The most common use for a vcf file is an address card that's used in MS Outlook, do you know what was sent to you?

Eamonncw 22:53 05 Oct 04

Sorry valvegrid, it`s my fault you sound puzzled. To be absolutely clear, I read my email by logging on to my ISP, (Onetel) and then going to the mailzone. The reason I do not use OE is that Onetel are my default mail servers. Hope this helps, because it`s a set up I`m happy with.

Eamonncw 22:54 05 Oct 04

Sorry valve grid , there was no mention of the
addition in the email.

VoG II 22:58 05 Oct 04

I don't think that you wil be able to open this in webmail. Also, I don't think that you need to click here

Eamonncw 23:04 05 Oct 04

Thanks VoG, your link explained it all. What would I do without you lot out there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now