vcf. addition to a friendly email.

Eamonncw 21:54 05 Oct 04

My OS, XP Pro SP2, won`t let me open the above addition to a friend`s email. I`ve tried the Windows approach but got little help. Have you guys any helpful suggestions, please?

VoG II 21:56 05 Oct 04

If this is in Outlook Express, Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Valvegrid 21:59 05 Oct 04

If vcf is the file extension its a vCard File for Outlook, I don't think it works in Outlook Express, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Eamonncw 22:03 05 Oct 04

Sorry. I should have said I don`t use Outlook Express. I use My ISP Onetel

Valvegrid 22:07 05 Oct 04

But what do you read your emails in, or do you read them on web mail? The most common use for a vcf file is an address card that's used in MS Outlook, do you know what was sent to you?

Eamonncw 22:53 05 Oct 04

Sorry valvegrid, it`s my fault you sound puzzled. To be absolutely clear, I read my email by logging on to my ISP, (Onetel) and then going to the mailzone. The reason I do not use OE is that Onetel are my default mail servers. Hope this helps, because it`s a set up I`m happy with.

Eamonncw 22:54 05 Oct 04

Sorry valve grid , there was no mention of the
addition in the email.

VoG II 22:58 05 Oct 04

I don't think that you wil be able to open this in webmail. Also, I don't think that you need to click here

Eamonncw 23:04 05 Oct 04

Thanks VoG, your link explained it all. What would I do without you lot out there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…