VCD from Windows Moviemaker

Barbiea 16:14 20 Dec 04

I recently compiled some short movies from minidv tapes, and saved to a CD using Moviemaker. MY DVD player will read VCD format, but Moviemaker uses HImat (new format I believe) so I made copies of the movie files and burned a CD using Nero. Quality was mega disappointing. I used to get better copying 8mm analogue to VHS! Does anyone know how I get better quality movies on CD?

Video Novice.

john-232317 16:36 20 Dec 04

Burn to DVD you will get much better quality

TomJerry 16:52 20 Dec 04

a good 16x dual layer and dual format DVD burnner can be bought at £37 click here

smy13 20:57 20 Dec 04

I've tried to the VCD bit my self before being put right by the good people of this forum. After great advice invested in a firewire card and an external DVD burner quality using these is stunning, Using a firewire you can download in AVI Pal format and save in the same once you have finished, this from my limited experience seems to produce the best results.

Norfolkbroad 10:42 22 Dec 04

Thanks guys - think I know how to spend my Xmas money!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…