vcd

hewllo ive got aload of vcd on disk can i play them on pc without a dvd rom any help would be nice

MAJ 11:33 10 Mar 03

You can play them on Windows Media Player, english113. Insert the VCD to your CD-ROM drive, right click on the CD drive icon in My Computer, choose Explore and open the MPEGAV folder, right click (while holding down the shift key) on the DAT file, choose "Open With" and choose Windows Media Player. If you're using XP you wont need to hold down the shift key while right clicking the DAT file.

done that got error class not regersterd

davidg_richmond 12:38 10 Mar 03

its not got the required 'codec' to play it - i have that trouble with WMP9 but didnt with 8, you should be able to use RealOne player instead (click here)

Cantillion 12:56 10 Mar 03

Are they VCDs or (S)VCDs? VCDs use MPEG1 encoding which - as the mpeg1 codec is on virtualy every PC, chances are a VCD will play in Media Player. SVCDs use MPEG2 encoding (the same as DVDs) and you'll therefore need a software DVD player such as powerDVD to play a SVCD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…