VcCleanUp

Isambane 20:29 11 Jan 03
  Isambane 20:29 11 Jan 03

Having retired and not having a work IT team to assist I have turned to PC Advisor for help!
Every time I fire up my PC I get two copies of the following on screen "VcCleanUp.exe has generated arrors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program". Well my local IT 'guru' spent an hour finding this program, somewhere in Norton, which was duly removed and then reloaded - only to find the same error message appearing. Any ideas on how to get rid of this message please?

brianthesnail 07:38 12 Jan 03

Have you a spyware checker installed?

Try downloading Spybot click here and see what that says.

If it gets rid of it and even if it doesn't, I suggest installing Spywareblaster click here to keep your machine free of those little nasties.

I'm assuming you already have antivirus and a firewall.

Brian

powerless 07:44 12 Jan 03

MSCONFIG and see if theres a trace of it there on the startup tab.

Start > Run > "MSCONFIG" (without the quotes) > Starup > See if theres anything there that looks like VcCleanUp.exe. Take the tick out of the box and then click "ok". Restart required...

jazzypop 08:59 12 Jan 03

Go to Symantec's site, find and follow the instructions to uninstall and re-install LiveReg - that should fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…