Vcatch supposedly a spyware program

fox_hound 10:41 09 Apr 06

i downloaded Vcatch from majorgeeks and then microsoft anti spyware says iits a nasty peice of spyware. is this true? i thought majorgeeks only uploaded safe software

johnnyrocker 10:43 09 Apr 06

have you run a scan to see if it wants to delete it?

johnny.

terryf 10:50 09 Apr 06

click here says it causes pop-ups. Googles report conficting views about this software. I would use AVG free instead

Belatucadrus 11:44 09 Apr 06

click here eTrust are fairly scathing about it, comes under the "never in a month of Sundays" category from the look of it.
As to Majorgeeks, they try but spy/ad ware and data collation software isn't clearly defined, what's one persons poison is somebody else's valid business tool. In this case and according to cNet user reviews click here I'd say Majorgeeks got it badly wrong.
Just use a decent anti virus like avast! click here it does everything Vcatch claims too and more without dropping adware crud on your system.

fox_hound 16:38 10 Apr 06

thanks all microsoft anti spyware didnt like it and came up with it on a routine scan so its gone now i do use all the popular anti-spyware like AVG adaware and spyblaster but i think it helps to have more just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…