VBS_REDLOF.A-1 is this a virus or not

Rhodie 00:17 08 Sep 03

I am using windows 98 SE with PcCillin. Whilst browsing the net warning came up saying above virus on my computer which PCcillin tried to clean then delete but was unsuccessful. I have checked the support webpages for PcCillin but the above is not recognised as a virus - so what is it, what effect will it have on my computer and how do I get rid of it.

krypt1c 00:26 08 Sep 03

It certainly is a virus. It's an incarnation of sophos. Details / removal of click here

Jester2K II 08:30 08 Sep 03

"It's an incarnation of sophos"

What click here

PS Ditch PCCillin and get AVG 6 click here free.

Rhodie 09:52 08 Sep 03

I have download tsc.zip from Trend site - ran from current location but I don't know what it's supposed to have done. Also downloaded to desktop - it's a tsc zip file, when I open it thre are two files tsc.exe and tsc ptn file - instructs on Trend say you must replace the file TSC.EXE in your product folder with the same file contained in the download - default folder being C:\Program Files\Trend pCcillin 2002 or later. Not very self explanatory - when I open the TSC.EXE file does this do it automatically or do I have to manually do it and if the later then how?

Jester2K II 09:57 08 Sep 03

The instructions explain it perfectly.

Open the ZIP file.

Select Extract.

Select the directopry your PC-Cillin in installed to (C:\Program Files\Trend pCcillin 2002 or simalar).

When it says do you want to overwrite the old files say yes.

Restart PC-Cillin.

Where did you download this from and why?

Rhodie 10:58 08 Sep 03

Its not self explanatory - in windows explorer I have a folder called Trend Micro with sub folders as Pcc2003, PCCILLIN 2002 & pccillin 2003 - all have sub folders within. I have been upgrading PcCillin each year from Trend Micro. So which folder do I extract Tsc.exe to, also which folder do I put tsc ptn file to? at the moment ther is a tsc folder but its empty?

Jester2K II 11:02 08 Sep 03

If you are running PCCillin 2003 then put it in pccillin 2003 folder.

Both files.

It looks like you have installe newer versions over older ones. no a good idea. You should always remove the older version first.

Rhodie 11:14 08 Sep 03

So I extract the TSC.exe into PcCillin 2003 along with TSC PTN FILE - DON'T I have to put it the ptn file in a sub folder somewhere

Jester2K II 11:19 08 Sep 03

What do the instructions EXACTLY say?

What is this download and why did you download it?

Rhodie 11:27 08 Sep 03

I down loaded it from Trend because the virus in on my computer.
the instructions are: -
for automatic removal instruction please us the trend system cleaner. on The trend micro system cleaner site it states: -
For user of Trend Micro products pelase download the trend micro system pates tsc.zip
You must replace the file TSC.EXE in your product foler with the same file contained in the download
For users of PC-cillin 2002 or later, the default folder is C:\Program Files\Trend PcCillin 2002.
When I open the zip file there is tsc.exe file and tsc ptn file - do I just select tsc.exe, extract the put in pcCillin 2003 and it will be put in the correct sub-folder and where do I put the tsc ptn file

Jester2K II 11:32 08 Sep 03

Sorry if we seem to be going in circles but Redlof is an old virus. The fact that Trend can't remove furthers my distaste for this software.

Can you provide me with a link to the page you downloaded it from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…