grove34 00:59 24 Jan 03
  grove34 00:59 24 Jan 03

i've been infected by the vbs/loveletter virus and it attached itself to every jpg on my system.

i cant open any of them , but need most of them as they are holiday,kids etc.

how can i get rid of the file extention so that i can view them again.

theyre still the right size and still have the same name except for the vbs bit at the end.

beeuuem 01:27 24 Jan 03

Are you sure that you have eliminated the virus?
The text is from this site.
click here

Overwrites all files having the extensions .js, .jse, .css, .wsh, .sct, .hta, .jpg, and .jpeg with viral code. It then makes a copy of the file and adds the extension .vbs to the file name. For example, if the file is named House_pics.jpg, the overwritten file is named House_pics.jpg.vbs. The original file is then deleted. THESE FILES MUST BE DELETED AND THEN RESTORED FROM A BACKUP.

CAUTION: Do not attempt to run files that have been overwritten or renamed by this worm. If you do, the worm is executed again.

beeuuem 01:33 24 Jan 03

From the removal information on the above link:
Files with the .jpg extension are destroyed, and must be restored from a backup.
Please tell me that you had them backed up.

grove34 02:00 24 Jan 03

tbh72 03:10 24 Jan 03

Save pictures as PNG.

Portable Network Graphics. Pictures remain 100% perfect whilst being compressed like jpg's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…