VBouncer

taffyal 17:37 14 Aug 04

Spybot S&D has found VBouncer in 3 files, C:WINDOWS\TEMP\GLFE101.TMP,
"""""""""""""""GLF7061.TMP
""""""""""""""" GLJEOD1.TMP
It says couldnt be fixed, could be associated files are still in use(in memory) Could be fixed after a restart- but doesnt!! Anyone know what these files do, & can I remove them safely? Thanks, Al

VoG II 17:40 14 Aug 04

Manual removal instructions click here

Or you could try starting in Safe Mode click here and running Spybot again.

taffyal 18:13 14 Aug 04

How do I find taskmanager, & "remove with windows explorer, please? As you can see, Im not very good at all this! Al

VoG II 18:16 14 Aug 04

To launch Task Manager press the CRTL+ALT+DEL keys together.

See click here and click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 14 Aug 04

Press CTRl + alt + del keys together this will bring up task manager.

vbouncerouter1123030505.exe should be shown in the applications window click on it to highlite then click End Task and close task manager.

click on my computer (on your desktop) click on the 'c drive', double click on the 'windows' folder to open it, doubleclick on the 'temp' folder to open it find the 3 files vbouncerouter1123030505.exe
vbouncerouter1123030505[1].txt
vbounceroutersecond.txt clicck on each and press the del key each time they should then be moved to the recycle bin.

click on recycle bin and select empty recycle bin.

taffyal 18:45 14 Aug 04

Have tried this,nothing of vbounce name in running tasks, or temp files. Have found the files that S&D said were infected in Temp though. Should I delete them?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 14 Aug 04

Yes

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:55 14 Aug 04

Yes delete, also in task manager click on processes it might be hiding in there.

taffyal 12:30 15 Aug 04

Have deleted the 3 infected files to recycle bin, everything now seems fine. Once again, many thanks to all you good people. Cheers, Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…