VBA Query

Les 19:07 18 May 04

I have copied a lot of workbooks (all parts of a very large program) to a neighbours laptop - this has Excel 2002 installed. During the course of testing several bugs were found and corrected upon this laptop. When finished the files were copied back, via one of those pen thingamies g> on to my computer. Now, when I use them and them try to save them (I have Excel 97) I get a dialog box telling me that it was saved on a later version of Excel - so far so good - for that is what happened. It then tells me that I can save as is but I may lose any alterations made when using Excel 2002, no worry about this for I used no code peculiar to 2002 - so I clicked the Yes button - expecting the box to disappear on the next use - but it doesn't!

Application.DisplayAlerts = False keeps the box from appearing but then it doesn't save any alterations made - getting rid of this line brings back the box but saves the alterations - arghh!

Any ideas on what I can do ? Help greatly appreciated opn this vexing problem. An alternative (as a last resort!) I suppose is to update - but would 2002 work under windows se98?

Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now