VBA Excel

Noldi 09:47 13 Oct 09

Since upgrading to Office 2007 I now get a message when opening a second Excel file.

File in Use

PERSONAL.XLS is locked for editing
By John Smith

Options - Read Only_ Notify _Cancel

I can just click Notify and carry on. Is it possible to avoid this message appearing?

This was not a problem with Office 2003

Noldi

VoG II 09:57 13 Oct 09

That error will occur if you open two instances of Excel instead of opening two workbooks in the same instance of Excel.

Noldi 10:30 13 Oct 09

The problem is then with the way Excel is set up then I suppose, I notice if you close a workbook it closes but leaves the main Excel window blank without a workbook showing. Most of my workbooks are via short cuts on the task bar???.

Strange

Noldi

VoG II 10:39 13 Oct 09

Yes it is strange.

I will check later when I have access to Excel 2007.

Noldi 10:51 13 Oct 09

VOG Just for info
Options > Addvanced > General > Use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) (check box is not selected).

This is the first thing I checked.

Noldi

VoG II 17:53 13 Oct 09

I can't find any setting in Excel that would cause this behaviour.

Try asking here click here

Noldi 17:59 13 Oct 09

Ill also speak with the IT guys and gals to see if they have any idea. I thought it was just a missed checked or unchecked box in options.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…