VB6 Masked Edit Control

Simsy 11:39 09 Nov 06

Folks,

I'm trying to write a small programme using VB6

I'd like to use a "Masked Edit Control"

I know that I need to make this available for me to use by selecting it in the Components/Controls tab...

But it doesn't appear there, so I can't select it.

Do I have to do something else first to make it appear in the list?

I've the full version of VB6, not the working edition. WinXP home.

Thnaks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

rogertjj 13:12 09 Nov 06

The ocx file that you need is Msmask32.ocx and it appears in my list as 'Microsoft Masked Edit Control 6.0 (SP3)'

If the ocx file is in the windows/system32 directory, it should appear in the list, which implies that it is not on your system. If you google the ocx file, you should be able to download it. If not, let me know and I'll send it to you

Simsy 13:32 09 Nov 06

I do have it in the windows/system32 directory, but it's name is

MSMASK32.ocx

i.e, the same name, but all in uppercase.

Should this make a difference?

Regards,

Simsy

rogertjj 13:55 09 Nov 06

No , shouldn't make a difference at all.

If it doesn't appear in the list, click on the 'browse' button, find and select the ocx file. It should then add it to the list, and you should be able to use the control.

Simsy 13:55 09 Nov 06

I've "browsed" to it, and it sems to work.

I don't do much of this. I knew I might have to add it from the components list, but I didn't realise it wouldn't be in the components list to start with!

Much appreciate your help...

Now all I've got to do is work out how to get it to behave as I want!!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…