vb 6

new_guy 07:14 24 Oct 03

hi there
i was wondering if any body knows where i can learn vb6 i know nothing at all about vb 6 but would like to learn if any one can help me i will be very greatfull

thanks
aaron

Jester2K II 07:34 24 Oct 03

Look out for Visual Basic 6 Learning Edition - about £70 when i bought it - Visual basic 6 plus Programmers Guide and Step By Step tuition. I can do it you can!!!

Cesar 11:09 24 Oct 03

Mirosoft no longer supports VB 6.0. you can get Visual Basic.Net (Standard) £88.12 from Dabs.com have a search you might be able to pick up VB 6.0 somewhere.

Taran 11:31 24 Oct 03

This is where the web comes into its own.

Visual Basic will still have a healthy following for many years to come and happily there is loads of information freeley available online.

Some useful guides:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

There are loads more but the above are some of the better sites I know for VB learning material.

Regards

Taran

Belatucadrus 13:26 24 Oct 03

Don't know about VB, but the free-ed.net Pascal/Delphi course is useless, all the links for the "free online textbook" take you to a commercial link where you are invited to buy Sams teach yourself Delphi in 21 days. It looks like a good idea that hasn't any back up.

Taran 13:40 24 Oct 03

If you try the link I supplied you'll find that it offers a comprehensive series of VB articles broken down into stages.

You can access them in any order you like.

The site does encourage you to buy book titles which is hardly surprising since all sites have to generate funding from some source or other.

You don't have to buy the books they offer to get something from the online content, although other sites (I think) are better geared to beginners with more comprehensive detail.

T

Belatucadrus 15:51 24 Oct 03

Taran, I've no objection to commercial links, but if you look at the Delphi Pascal course. Which happens to be the one I need for the HNC, all the links point to the publication click here={F954EF98-8A3F-4DBC-9D91-6529DAEDF2B6}&element_id={2AEB80E4-4452-4667-A662-C96D1921064E}. This leaves it rather unbalanced and literally a waste of time as there doesn't appear to be any tutorial material posted at all. This could be for any number of reasons, but doesn't indicate a high level of support for the site.
Apologies to new_guy for ranting away on his post, but the free-ed site looked good and to find the bit of it applicable to my requirements so completely defunct bugged me slightly.

Taran 16:38 24 Oct 03

If you haven't seen these, they may be of use (apologies to new_guy for the tangent on his thread).

click here=

click here

click here

click here

click here

Best regards

Taran

Simsy 16:42 24 Oct 03

noting for myself...

Regards,

Simsy

Taran 16:55 24 Oct 03

Hey

Stop swiping my links !

;o)

Belatucadrus 10:25 25 Oct 03

Thanks for the links Taran, already picked up a useful PDF.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…