Various sites on one server

slowhand_1000 19:15 02 Apr 04

After having read a reply by FE to a posting it got me thinking.

I was looking at moving my main web site to another hosting company (1 and 1) and read somewhere in their FAQ's that you could host as many a number of sites (registered with them) on your web space. Or that's the impression I got.

Seeing as I have four names registered with them does this mean that I can use the space for these other sites without having to use a sub-domain address. What I don't want is www . newsite.mainsite. co.uk

For example, if my address is www . mainsite. co.uk can I still get my new site address as www. newsite .co.uk and use the space I have.

What I want is to be able to advertise the address in its own right without bringing the main site name into it.

Sorry if it seems a daft question, only I would like to get the others online as cheaply as possible. If the ideas bomb then nothing is lost.

cheers

slowhand

Sir Radfordin 19:18 02 Apr 04

Yes with One&One you can have as many domain names with your hosting space as you like. You just point them to different directories either using scrips or forwarding. It is all in there and simple to set up and use. I've got one site with four domains all pointing to the same place and a couple of domains going to other folders and then one going to an IP address of another computer.

caast©? 19:23 02 Apr 04

I have three sites with line one just a case of changing the password for each site to log onto the ftp.

I imagine oneandone is the same.

If not please let me know as I have one site with them and I am in the process of completing another which I want to post on oneandone. M

slowhand_1000 19:30 02 Apr 04

Sir Radforin, thanks for the promt reply.

On that basis I shall move my main site to them in the very near future and start/finish the other sites.

cheers

slowhand

Sir Radfordin 19:50 02 Apr 04

You only get one FTP account per server space so you only need to login and you can access all your folders etc from that one login. Don't know if that will affect your decision.

Either way One&One have a 60 day money back guarantee should you not like what they have to offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…