various program errors

geedad 12:49 14 Oct 03

Using Windows 98SE. Getting quite a few error messages - certain programs 'performed an illegal operation' Close or Ignore. etc
Some are Iexplore, Osa and I am at a loss as to how to fix them.
I have a 1700 mhz Intel Celeron. 128mb memory.
Can anyone help,please?
geedad

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:55 14 Oct 03

What programs geedad? usually if you click close or ignore the system locks solid,lol i had my share of those.

Jester2K II 12:58 14 Oct 03

Iexplore - Internet Explorer

OSA - Office Tool Bar

You need to gice us one of two exact wordings please!

geedad 13:19 14 Oct 03

Jester2K ii and A NICKNAME
Here's another one!
Msimn.
An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save your work
in a new file. To quit the program, click Close
CLOSE IGNORE
================================================
This isd then followed by a dialog box stating that the program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
================================================
Can't explain it any better than that!
geedad

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:24 14 Oct 03

I think that your email client not sure tho if you have ie6 installed try controll panel add/remove highlight ie6 click add remove then select the repair option you will need disk you installed ie6 off in drive if it serious.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:29 14 Oct 03

Another posability is if you have third party software installed like mailwasher or such witch may be causeing this try uninstalling, MSN can give that error as well ir it not intergrated into OE right,you can repair that in the same way thru controll panel.

geedad 16:22 14 Oct 03

A NICKNAME
Will remove MAILWASHER to try.
Thanks
geedad

geedad 22:29 19 Oct 03

A NICKNAME.
Just to bring you up-to-date. Removing 'Mailwasher'was a great help, and I rarely get errors, although not entirely without!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…