Various program error signatures

geedad 23:24 16 Oct 06

Problem:
Error Signatures
Appname, smapanel.exe AppVer 3,0,0.1 ModName.ism.dll ModVer 1.0.0.1 Offset 000036f3
To view technical information about this error report click_here.
There now followa a massive amount of gobblededook.......................................
then C:\DOCUM~1\John|LOCALS~1\Temp\7e_appcompat.6t and it goes on and on and on....................................

This happens often with different programmes, and therefore not peculiar to a specific one.
The dialogue box states that the 'programme has experienced a problem and will close, possibly losing any data not saved'
I can't find anything to help solve this one, even after ploughing through volumes of 'help' books and mags. etc
Anyone help, please?
geedad

woodchip 23:27 16 Oct 06

Are you running any Anti-Virus? is it up to date and also a Firewall?

geedad 08:13 17 Oct 06

woodchip.
Yes = Ntlworld's AV, FW etc
Auto updated.
geedad

woodchip 09:05 17 Oct 06

I would have suggested a AV on your Computer not just relying on the ntlworld one. You should do a online scan

click here

click here

click here

geedad 14:21 17 Oct 06

woodchip
Thanks for the AV links. The 3.CA Security Advisor is free and seems very thorough. Can this one be downloaded and installed for regular checks?
geedad

woodchip 15:29 17 Oct 06

They are only online scanners, But they may do a free one. As Any of the above picked anything up on your computer?

geedad 00:46 18 Oct 06

woodchip
My NTL software did not report the spyware that 3.CA Security Advisor found, but did show continuous disinfectation in their log, so that's working!
3.CA Security Advisor did find 12 spyware, but did not disinfect them since they wanted a six month ( £8) payment to clear them, and £8 per 6 months thereafter.
However, having tried all of these, once more I had the same problem with another piece of my software as explained in my initial posting!
I do thank you for your help, but it seems that I am stuck without a solution so far!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac