VARIOUS ERROR MESSAGES .

curlylad 21:48 20 Oct 03

Hi guys and gals,
I've just switched this P.C. on after spending about a week trying to sort out a fault I'd rather forget and I've got various error messages.You'll have to bare with me on this one , I'll describe it exactly as I now know how important that is:-
I switched on and everything started OK until I had just established a dial up connection then as the dial up screen disappeared a window appeared that said 'MSOFFICE performed an illegal operation and will be shut down', I clicked the close button and immediately got a deep blue screen that said 'A fatal exception OE occured at 0167:BFF9DFFF press any key to continue'.
So I pressed a key and straight away got a black screen with a white window in the middle saying ' MSOFFICE caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 0001:000003d0.'
There was a close button at the bottom of the screen so I clicked that and I then got another deep blue screen that told me 'A fatal exception 06 has occured at 0000:00000108' etc etc.
So I hit the reset button and everything seems to be running OK but what did all that mean and what do I do to stop that happening again ,is there some software problem that needs correcting so as to put a stop to this message .
I know its a long one guys , pardon the pun , but can anyone advise?

VoG II 21:51 20 Oct 03

What version of Microsoft Office do you have? Also version of Windows might be helpful...

mark e 21:51 20 Oct 03

click here

click here

click here

try these for starters

curlylad 23:03 20 Oct 03

VoG , win98SE ,M.Office 97.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced