variations in tablet performance

SparkyJack 17:51 PM 30 Aug 12

A tablet that I had to return as defective ,was when working spot on in mapping my location -it gave my exact address

It replacement however shows my location within 40 meters and when looking at Google maps my loction can show any where in the street house munbers 20 or so up the road for example. Afew monents ago I was next door. So what does notvknow where I am? The tablet or Google maps In each case the O/S id Android 4 ICS

Woolwell 22:12 PM 30 Aug 12

Are you using gps?

SparkyJack 22:21 PM 30 Aug 12

Well how would I know? Is this a separate App to Google maps?

SparkyJack 20:27 PM 31 Aug 12

Thank Woolwell-you sowed a seed The original machine I geuss had some pre loaded aps This one is pretty bare I have down loadedSygig as trial for starters And have GPS Essentials lined up. Ialso understand that TomTom has an aps due in October So who among us is happily using another version that thay would like to tell us about

Woolwell 20:51 PM 31 Aug 12

Some tablets have satnav gps sensor built in and therefore the location is very accurate. Others use wifi to get close. Even with gps accuracy can vary. My phone is not that accurate.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…