Vanishing Icons Corel PhotoPaint X3

BEANS 12:06 12 Aug 07

My copy of Corel Photo-Paint X3 (V 13.0.0.667) always opens correctly, but the icons - which normally show as symbols in the various dockers – often do not appear correctly, being replaced by plain grey ‘blocks’. However, if the mouse is hovered above any particular grey ‘block’ in a docker, the associated icon symbol will appear, vanishing as soon as the mouse is moved.
To regain visible icon symbols I need to use either System Restore or Restart when, usually, on re-opening Photo-Paint X3, the icons appear correctly; the operation may need repeating before satisfactory results are achieved.
Unfortunately, this does not provide a permanent solution, as perhaps a day or so later, after another boot up, on opening Photo-Paint X3 the docker icons do not appear until the whole procedure outlined above has been repeated.
This problem appears to be specific to Corel Photo-Paint X3 in that, at all times, every other program on the PC will load and run without problems or missing items, even if the Corel Photo-Paint X3 program is not working correctly at that time.
There are no similar problems with the other applications included in the Corel Graphics Suite X3.
I need hardly add the latest applicable Corel patches have been downloaded and installed.
Corel suggested that I reload the program after first removing all traces of it, using a downloaded Microsoft tool (msicuu2.exe), but, despite my twice carrying out this operation; it has not produced a lasting solution.
I have received and tried some valued advice from different sources, but...a few days later and the icons are missing...and it’s back to Restart or system Restore.
My PC is an HP Pavilion, eighteen months old and running Windows XP with all updates, 2GB memory, 180GB hard drive. Fully virus and firewall protected.
Any suggestions will be very welcome.
Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…