Vanishing drive

Ebonytiger 20:25 01 Aug 04

Sometime between last evening and this afternoon I seem to have lost my G drive which happens to be my data drive and therefore rather important. It is a separate physical drive from my operating system of Windows XP and has 2 partitions F and G. F drive is reported as corrupted or unreadable but G does not even show up anywhere. Please is there any way of recovering this - I've tried system restore which stuttered and failed until I ran it from the CD, so I'm reluctant to try it again. The drive was working perfectly before today - I've also ran my virus checker but nothing!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:41 01 Aug 04

Hard disk tools :-
Seatools click here

these are for seagate hard drives but also work on western digital and maxor drives one should get your drive and data back.

Ebonytiger 22:52 02 Aug 04

Have used SeaTools which says the 2 drives have failed the file structure. Tried to use safe mode to check them but not possible have just used recovery console on Windows CD which says there are unrecoverable problems. If I can see the drives in My Computer (sometimes they're both there and sometimes only F) I get a message saying they need to be formatted. Have I lost all my data for ever or is there any hope left! Am getting desparate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…