vanished bookmarks

polymath 14:53 13 Aug 06

My Firefox 1.01 bookmarks have recently disappeared. I've followed the advice in the 'Lost Firefox bookmarks thread at click here, including that in the helpful MozillaZine 'Lost Bookmarks' page, from the link in the thread, but to no avail.
I've resigned myself to rebuilding the bookmarks list, as it doesn't seem likely that any advice can be added to the above. But I'm just having one last try here, before starting again (and getting round to updating to Firefox 1.5, not least because it backs up bookmarks!
Any more ideas, anyone? (Win 98SE, Firefox 1.01, Trend PC-cillin Internet Security 14).
The only new event I can remember from the time the bookmarks were lost, is that PC-cillin popped up a window listing security holes it found in my system, the first time it's done it since it was installed about 6 months ago. None of the holes seemed to apply to my situatuon, but maybe I could have inadvertantly changed a PC-cillin setting and caused both events?

sean-278262 15:11 13 Aug 06

Im not sure how you do it because it has been months but I had a similar problem in that my main profile crashed and inadvertantly I set a second one up. This meant I lost everything. You may want to work out how to change the profile firefox loads at startup. Not sure how I did it as it occured when Firefox was still well in beta.

vinnyT 14:21 14 Aug 06

When you get everything set up again, download MozBackup, which is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite and Netscape profiles.

click here

I've used for yrs, and been very pleased that I have on a few occasions.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…