Vanished Adobe flash

geedad 22:25 17 Jul 08

My friend's PC.
Cannot find Adobe Player to find out the version number.
Looked in 'Control Panel' - not there!
Must be there because it suggests upgrading!
Is it OK to start the upgrade?
In my own experience an upgrade is chargeable, and an update is not!
Is there another way to find the "missing" software,besides Control Panel and Search?
geedad

geead

Technotiger 22:32 17 Jul 08

Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove programs - in the list that appears you should see Adobe Flash Player, highlight it and then click on 'Click here for support information' you will then see the version number etc.

geedad 22:40 17 Jul 08

Technotiger
Sorry, Technotiger. I did state that "Adobe" was not to be seen in "Control Panel", therefore the ver. no. could not be located, hence my posting.
I thought there was another way..........?
Thanks, nevertheless.
geead

MCE2K5 22:51 17 Jul 08

Try this, In Internet Explorer, Click Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons, See if Shockwave Flash Object is in there 'Flash9f.ocx' Under File.

Quiet Life 23:49 17 Jul 08

The upgrade is free. If Adobe is looking to upgrade you have not got the latest version.

geedad 00:50 18 Jul 08

MCE2K5
Quiet Life
Technotiger
Thanks all. It looks like an upgrade is possible.
geedad

geedad 12:54 18 Jul 08

Quiet Life
Just a thought. I myself have had a couple of "upgrades/updates" to version 10. So perhaps Adobe are using UPGRADE as opposed to UPDATE to existing users? ?
geedad

Technotiger 13:30 18 Jul 08

I did state that "Adobe" was not to be seen in "Control Panel", .......

quite, but did you look in Add/Remove Programs? which is where it should be listed and where you can find the Version number.

geedad 19:47 18 Jul 08

Technotiger
Yes! not there!
However, I haven't hands on access to my friends PC, but Adobe are suggesting an upgrade, so it MUST be there!
Upgrades are usually charged for, whereas updates are not, but 'Quiet Life' states that the upgrade is free, so we will press on!
Thanks again,
geedad

rdave13 20:05 18 Jul 08

Flash player is free. Have a look here; click here it will show you the way to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall. New version is still beta I believe.

Shockwave; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac