Value for money new laptop

tonyq 13:38 28 Oct 14

Hi all, my son who is a teacher is on the look out for a reasonable spec new laptop in the £400-£500 price range,(£400preferred). Both he and myself have had Samsung laptops in the past and been highly satisfied with them, but I believe they are no longer producing them any more.

Your thoughts on the following please, although slightly out of price range. click here are there better Value for money new laptops around?

Or

spuds 13:49 28 Oct 14

I recently purchased from Argos a Lenovo G700 which seems to have good reviews, making it worth consideration. The Argos website is down for maintenance, but the Amazon website provide the details and further reviews. click here

tonyq 13:55 28 Oct 14

Spuds, forgot to say 15" laptop. Lenovo G700 is 17.3-inch Laptop according to your link.

john bunyan 14:00 28 Oct 14

I like John Lewis as a supplier (2 years guarantee) and Toshiba as a brand. Here is one example (Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1JL Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 15.6", Red)(£499) Do check their website for many other makes.

J Lewis Toshiba

The Kestrel 15:32 28 Oct 14

This Asus laptop would fit your requirements and has decent reviews from users.

click here

wee eddie 17:37 28 Oct 14

Just because Samsung are dropping out of the European & UK Market does not mean that their machines will not carry all the usual Warranty Rights. It appears that they will carry on making Lappies but only for America, India and The Far East.

It the mean time it is likely that their machines will carry a discounted price as no one ever reads the whole article.

rdave13 17:59 28 Oct 14

One that I've been looking at, HP15-g022na Laptop

rdave13 18:18 28 Oct 14

Hmm, might go for this one - but just my preferences though. Which ever laptop you choose CPU Benchmarks can give you some idea of the CPU's performance.

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

tonyq 18:47 28 Oct 14

Thank you all for your suggestions so far. Do any of you have or have had a Dell laptop?, just been looking on there site and you seem to get a good spec laptop for reasonable price. Having never thought about a Dell,would like your thoughts.

tonyq 18:50 28 Oct 14

Forgot the link to Dell site.

click here

Ian in Northampton 19:14 28 Oct 14

Personally, I think Dell make the best laptops going. I've never thought of them as particularly good value, though. I think of Dell as a 'top tier' laptop brand. Great kit, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac