validation of xp pro, I have the correct key but

andy63walsh 10:07 30 Apr 09

Hi,
I def have correct key etc, but it says my key is blocked, not to bothered, can you just manually downlod sp2 and 3 seperately and do it like that ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 30 Apr 09

If your copy of Windows did not pass the validation check and you believe that you have purchased a genuine copy of Windows, we have resources to help you. When the validation check fails, you receive a message that explains why Windows did not pass the check. You are directed to a customized Web page that has details about what caused the failure and recommendations for how to resolve the problem. This page contains a section with troubleshooting steps. One of these steps will let you check whether you can use the online Product Key Update Tool.

If a genuine product key was included with your computer, but Windows was incorrectly installed with an invalid product key, the Product Key Update Tool helps convert your computer to a genuine status without having to purchase a new copy of Windows. If you are using the Windows Update Web site, you are returned to that Web site, where you can obtain downloads that do not require validation.

andy63walsh 11:20 30 Apr 09

it now says, windows want £95 odd to get it done

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 30 Apr 09

SP3 contains SP2 click here

tullie 17:11 30 Apr 09

Did you purchase the windows disc yourself,or was it pre installed?

andy63walsh 18:01 30 Apr 09

well, I had it pre installed with xp, then i got a disc with xp pro

Sea Urchin 18:09 30 Apr 09

.....but was it pre-installed with XP Pro, or was it XP Home?

tullie 18:20 30 Apr 09

You need to use the serial number for the version on the computer,or if reinstalling then the number for the new version.

andy63walsh 19:27 30 Apr 09

i will try, thanks

andy63walsh 19:28 30 Apr 09

it was originally xp home pre-in.

Zaphod 3 19:48 30 Apr 09

You cannot use an XP Home key for XP Pro, you will need to borrow a copy of XP Home and use your original product key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5