Validation - Margin size = "0"

coolteentom 19:06 25 Apr 06

I have recently been looking at validation ( click here ), however for the page I am working on, I have just found an error when loading in FireFox.

The page - click here - I have set using CSS so as not to use the body margin=0... but I have just found that this CSS code doesn't work in Firefox.

Can I use both Body margin=0... and CSS code together or will this create problems?

Cheers, Tom

PurplePenny 20:19 25 Apr 06

hmm... I see what you mean. Firefox is putting a margin around the page - looks about 10px. I don't understand why: body 0 should work in Firefox; I've used it with no problems.

I wonder if the problem is elesewhere. This bit of CSS "body { -10px 0 0 -10px };" has the semi-colon outside the end bracket: that might be upsetting Firefox.

PurplePenny 20:26 25 Apr 06

Yep - that does it. Just gave it a try and it is the semi-colon that is upsetting Firefox.

coolteentom 23:48 26 Apr 06

Thanks so much PurplePenny, you're a lifesaver!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…