Validating List/Menu Fields

The Paul 14:33 11 Mar 04

I have been able to get the validate form to work for simple textfield entries but I cannot get the option for "list/menu" fields. I have tried to insert the field name in the code but when a selection is made the pop up still seeks validation.

This is the code that is in the form> tag. FORM action="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/mailtemp.txt" method="post" name="calcform" onSubmit="MM_validateForm('total',','RisNum','yourchosentext',','R','yourname',','R','address',','R','address2',','R','yourpostcode',','R','youremail',','RisEmail');return document.MM_returnValue" form> (Sorry Taran - not my own work - Dreamweavers actually - I bet you never guessed). I added in the following to see if it would work - 'select7',','R' - which flagged it up as required okay - but even when a selection was made it continued to look for an entry.

Do I need to use different code or is there an additional entry to the code I was using.

Cheers (again) Paul

The Paul 09:01 13 Mar 04

Binned

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…