Vaio Graphics problem, & windows start up to fail

barryg 11:17 24 May 10

My Sony Vaio FZ38M keeps going to a black screen and when it reboots the screen is covered in lines of vertical blue dots. I have uninstalled graphics driver (NVIDIA Ge Force Go 8400M) and installed updated driver from Vaio. It then boots up OK but then after a while it goes to black screen, reboots into blue dots again. The only other thing I noticed is that the machine gets hotter than I can remember. I have tried all the basic checks but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Ibanez2010 15:25 24 May 10

Download and install the latest drivers for your video card from click here I think the video card in the Vaio FZ38M is the Nvidia 8400M GT.

Ibanez2010 15:25 24 May 10

Download and install the latest drivers for your video card from click here I think the video card in the Vaio FZ38M is the Nvidia 8400M GT.

barryg 18:39 24 May 10

Thanks Ibanez, I have tried that option but Nvidia will not allow download as it is a Vaio and only driver downloads fron Sony are advised. I have updated the driver from the Vaio site but the problem persists.

mfletch 18:41 24 May 10

If you have tried many different driver options and none work contact Sony.

The reason is I have just had a Sony Vaio graphics card repaired under warranty

It was free as they have extended the warranty to 4 years.

But if its not the card they will charge you for the test and any repairs they do,

Its a gamble but it payed off for me,

New main board fitted,

mfletch 18:48 24 May 10

A little more info for you

click here

barryg 22:51 24 May 10

Thanks mfletch that is great news, will contact Sony tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5