Vaio graphic card update.

gibd79 13:26 15 Aug 09

Hi,i have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW11E laptop not the best i know however i was wondering if the graphic card in this model can be updated or replaced with a better one and if not is there any other way i can improve the power(sorry im a terminology virgin),
thank you.

crosstrainer 13:31 15 Aug 09

Beyond upgrading the memory in your laptop, not much you can do to improve it's performance. All new drivers are available at the link below. If you are unsure about how to install them post back

click here

sunnystaines 13:44 15 Aug 09

sony have never updated the drivers on their website in the 3 years we have had the laptop despite requests i have emailed them [they never reply either nor do sony support]. the sony intel wifi drivers had security flaws and i had to update them from intel web site [thanks to a secunia PSI scan]

crosstrainer 13:45 15 Aug 09

That. I'm afraid is Sony for you in a nutshell...Customer service? NIL I might have considered a PS2 over my newly purchased xbox360, were it not for that fact.

Had issues with them for ages and stopped buying their kit a long time ago.

Shame, they used to be cutting edge.

jack 15:31 15 Aug 09

It is likely that Laptops are not a major item in Sony's itenary and therefore are badged generics- as a discussion elsewhere with many 'brands being mentioned but all emanating from a handful of manufacturers.

sunnystaines 17:39 15 Aug 09

who makes sony laptops are they are generally good just poor support.

crosstrainer 22:16 15 Aug 09

Not just laptops, TV's et al.

crosstrainer 22:18 15 Aug 09

Unlike many major manufacturers, Sony make their own kit.

I had a major account with them when I was running the business, but as I posted before NIL service.

Acer...Brilliant (In My Opinion)

Yes it is possible to upgrade your laptops Graphics Card. It can be upgraded to any ATI HD 30-40 series Graphics Card

gibd79 11:00 16 Aug 09

thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…