v92 support

Col 14:21 21 Feb 03

Does anyone know where I can find a list of ISPs that support v92 modems or is this a dead in the water technology?

jimv7 14:29 21 Feb 03

You will not find many isp's that support v92, with the push to change over to broadband the cost of installing equipment for v92, which would be a backward step is too high.

graham 15:06 21 Feb 03
  Gaz 25 01:26 22 Feb 03

click here - for packages avaliable, all support V.92 exempt Broadband.

I have been on it for years, just converted to their Buissness Broadband 5Mbps from the excellent £15.99 SupaHighway.

click here for their homepage.

Hope this is of help.
Gaz25

Stokey 09:31 22 Feb 03

Can't remember which they are now but I read that there are only three ISPs that do support v92. However the modems are backwards compatible which means they will work OK but of course only at the v92 performance.

I found out to my cost that AOL does not work at all with many v92 modems. I had a real problem finding a stockist with a v90 when I bought a machine recently that had a v92 fitted and had to be changed. I think a list of the ones that will work with AOL is now available upon request (and there are many apparently).

Stokey 09:46 22 Feb 03

There is obviously at least four then as Gaz has found another. The three I read about are: IstNet, Onet and Vispa.

Hope this may help!

Regards, S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…