V-Box Problem

Chasman 22:41 31 Oct 03

Hi,

I have vbox to connect up my PC monitor and PS2 and all worked well until I bought a new computer.
Now my monitor flashes on & off when connected and I can't get on the AV screen,
however when it is connected back to my old Pc it works fine

Any help would be appreciated

Jungle 07:33 01 Nov 03

Hi

Sorry not really an answer for you, just a thought.

Could be somthing to do with your new graphics card in the new machine ? Have you tried swapping them between the old and new machine to see if that works. IF so then thats the problem. If not then its a monitor issue, are there any hidden features on the new monitor to turn it into AV mode that you havent found ?

Not quite the same problem as yours I know, but when I linked up a new digital box the other day to a TV we received an awful picture and it wasnt until I played around with the settings to enable " RGB " that the picture became stable.
So if you are using a SCART lead anywhere in the connection try searching for an RGB function on the monitor.??

Regards
Jungle

Chasman 14:03 01 Nov 03

Jungle,

it does seem to be the graphics card - the monitor is fine with the v-box.

regards

Chasman

dawnyworld 14:57 01 Nov 03

whats a v-box ??

Chasman 19:10 01 Nov 03

Hi, Dawnyworld,

a V-Box allows you to connect a PC to a video, or games console

click here

dawnyworld 14:47 02 Nov 03

cool thanks chasman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…