uTorrent

the hick 07:44 02 Jul 10

My daughter has been using uTorrent to download music, and I think films, to her laptop. I know little about these programs, and would like to know how safe they are. It seems to me, they may be something not quite right about them, since they seem to be a way of getting something for nothing. Advice would be appreciated, thank you.

MAT ALAN 08:08 02 Jul 10

There NOT safe and their NOT legal

click here

morddwyd 08:13 02 Jul 10

I don't know how old your daughter is, but there's also some very "adult" advertising on the sites she's accessing for the downloads.

MAT ALAN 08:16 02 Jul 10

Forgot to mention in a lot of cases they are legal, a lot of LINUX distro's are distributed through torrent sites.
When it comes to music and films there are legal issues that must be met...

Devil Fish 23:06 02 Jul 10

Utorrent is perfectly legal as MAT ALAN says linux distribution a perfectly legal use of torrents

however using it to download film and music isn't if they are covered by copyright laws ie most main stream music and film, If caught you could find yourself on the recieving end of a very hefty claim from lawyers acting on behalf of the copyright holders.

And pc security is another issue file sharing is one of the major ways of getting your pc/laptop infected with virus /malware

the hick 07:16 03 Jul 10

Thank you for your replies, I shall have to try to persuade daughter to stop using these types of applications. May be hard work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now