Utility that records the sound from my computer?

Bansaw 17:46 21 Jan 11

My Windows7 computer has stereo-mix as an output (I had to enable it). I also have something like Audacity.
But somehow I cannot record the sound from my own computer. It won't register.

Is there a utility out there that will do it for me? (A bit like SoundFlower for MAC).

thanks,,

jack O'lantern 17:51 21 Jan 11

Auacity is the preferred Freeby
there are others such as
click here
or google for more
ttp://click here

GaT7 17:56 21 Jan 11

One of these will do the trick click here (should work with Audacity too) or click here. G

GaT7 18:00 21 Jan 11

You may need to set the input device in Audacity to 'Stereo Mix' as well. G

jack O'lantern 10:37 23 Jan 11

Fro Record Pad- which is one of the NCH A/V suite of programs

click here

jellyhead 11:01 23 Jan 11

Is this one any good to you click here

Bansaw 17:41 23 Jan 11

the Freecorder thing. It works ok and records the sound coming from your pc speakers like stereo mix.
Its free, so I am happy.

The only drawback is that if it detects silence even for two seconds or so, it will stop recording and start a new file when the sound comes back on.
So, in my case, listening to sports stream over my browser, it will cut off every now an then. I am left with multiple mp3 files.

Bapou 18:34 23 Jan 11

I've been using Freecorder for quite some time. With regard to your point about Freecorder stopping when detecting no sound then starting again:

Complete the recording of track, or tracks. Open Audacity and edit the total recording by separating then exporting each as Mp3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…