Utility to overwrite free space on drives.

ventanas 09:02 02 Sep 05

I am looking for something that will overwrite or destroy all evidence of deleted files (ie overwrite the free space), without harming any other data. One of my home machines has, shall we say, been "misused" by a visiting relative, and doing what I do, the risk of anything like this being found in the future is too great. Preferably free, but will pay (or he will) if necessary.

Grateful for any help.

dave_and_confused 09:13 02 Sep 05

Eraser - click here
Currently unavalible.

Get from Download.com - click here

rawprawn 09:28 02 Sep 05

Morning John, I have been using "Clean Disk Security" for about 2 years now and I am very pleased with it. It's not free, but it will do all you want (Knowing your job) and is worth while together with free upgrades.
click here

rawprawn 09:29 02 Sep 05

click here Sorry about the first link.

ventanas 09:37 02 Sep 05

Thanks Dennis, having a look now. Thanks also to dave_and_confused, have downloaded this as well.

ventanas 09:44 02 Sep 05

Thanks Dennis, I've downloaded now. As I will (hopefully) only need to run this once will it work for a period without paying, ie as shareware. I know its only £15 but obviously would wish to avoid paying if I can.

ventanas 09:59 02 Sep 05

OK, it does work. Just tried it here on a test machine. So I will use it once and then decide either to pay or remove. I will also install the app recommended by dave_and_confused. Nice to have more than one string etc.

Thanks again to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…