Utilities for Disc Management etc, Help Please

zaach 18:01 15 Apr 03

I will shortly have to buy some up to date utilities for this sort of activity, defrag, uninstall and the like as I am expecting a new machine and my existing programs are getting long in the tooth.
I would be grateful for any and all suggestions as to which suppliers are currently producing the best programs.

MAJ 18:54 15 Apr 03

For working on disk partitions without loss of data, "Partition Magic" click here is hard to beat, For Defragging try "Diskeeper 7" click here For cleaning up your registry, Regcleaner is excellent click here

That should get you started, zaach, others will suggest other applications for you.

zaach 08:14 17 Apr 03

Your list gives me support for my original thoughts, do you have any ideas about uninstalling and backup?

Offline 08:35 17 Apr 03

I've had excellent results with products from click here woirth a look. As regards defrag, you can't go wrong with Diskeeper Lite. click here

zaach 11:19 17 Apr 03

Thank you, do you have to download Acronis products or is there a UK supplier. The link on their page seemed to peter out.

MartinT-B 11:25 17 Apr 03

You don't need Partition Magic with XP Pro.

Use the console and the program called diskpart that comes with Pro to manipulate/create/delete/merge and extend partitions whilst XP is running.

This may work with Home too, but I don't have that so I don't know.

zaach 12:04 17 Apr 03

Thank you, I had heard something vague about that but you are the first person who has confirmed that it works.

Azzy 12:38 17 Apr 03

you will have to download TEMP CLEANER but unfortunately I am a traitor but its free and it could be in the download section of PC ADVISOR, click here or click here it gives u the option of removing all tmporary files including zip files but do check before u delete as some may be system files.

Belatucadrus 12:54 17 Apr 03

Software removal :- Smart uninstaller click here Uninstall it pro click here
Backup software :- Polder backup click here

MartinT-B 14:17 17 Apr 03

I used it last night.

I deleted my D: and E: partions from Admin tools leaving me 28GB un allocated.

Searched in F1 (help) to extend C:

It took a while to come up with the solution I wanted. It is logical, but slightly involved. a sort of 'bastardised' DOS.

Luckily, the help window stays open and you can swap between the Console and Help to do it all slowly :)

Here's an overview click here

MartinT-B 14:20 17 Apr 03

PS console = Command Prompt :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…