usr modem update

Mr. T 00:05 07 Feb 05

Hi, I have a problem with my usr message external modem. the control centre tell me that the modem is due for update, but when i try to do so, the program will connect to the internet to download the update and when I'm online, the program says the modem is being used by another application, so it's like a catch 22, cannot connect, wont connect.

Giggle n' Bits 00:30 07 Feb 05

and also do you run XP with SP2 ?

wonder if the Update is being stopped by Firewall in XP SP2. Thing is USR modems older ones didn't update automatically which makes me wonder.

What is the message your getting for this update?

JIM 00:33 07 Feb 05

can you not save the update then after download close down/disconnect your modem and install.Or save update,reinstall via safe mode?

Mr. T 00:29 08 Feb 05

The modem is a usr message modem and yes I do have xp with sp2. The message i get is that, instant update, which is part of the control centre is notifying me of the need to update my modem or something like that.
As for the other reply. I did try to download any updates that maybe available from the usr web site, but the product ID is not there so I can not download the file and then upgrade, if that makes any sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…