using XP the web pages do not fill screen

royalex 19:50 19 Jan 11

Although the desktop fills the screen all other web pages do not. I have to click onto the square button at top of page to fill the screen. How do I make the pages fill the screen automatically, without the manual adjustment every time.

johnnyrocker 19:54 19 Jan 11

one way which always worked for me was to open 1 version of explorer then drag by the edges to fit and when happy close it with ALT F4 should resolve it when opened again

johnny

royalex 20:31 19 Jan 11

Sorry Johnny, Doesn't work for me.

Sea Urchin 20:47 19 Jan 11

Open Internet Explorer - drag it to the full size you require and then close the window by holding the Ctrl key and clicking the cross at the top right.

lotvic 23:22 19 Jan 11

when it is size you want, either full screen (square button at top of page) or by dragging to size close it via File > Exit
Thereafter you can use the white x in red box to close it.

royalex 23:50 19 Jan 11

Sorry friends but I've tried all these suggestions and they haven't worked.

bretsky 00:05 20 Jan 11

Try right clicking on your Internet explorer shortcut icon on the desktop and click on properties, click on the shortcut tab and look for the run command and from the drop-down box select normal window, this works fine for me using Opera.

bretsky ;0)

lotvic 00:09 20 Jan 11

Try right click on the IE shortcut and click Properties. In the next window, shortcut tab and halfway down there is box 'Run' select Maximised from the dropdown arrow list.

lotvic 00:11 20 Jan 11

Almost a snap :)

royalex 17:33 21 Jan 11

Thanks everyone who has offered suggestions but none of them work for me. I am wondering if something on the PC is corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…