Using Xbox Live

B_E_N 11:40 31 Jul 03

OK, I have a BT USB broadband modem (the bain of my existence at the moment) and I want to get xbox live. Now, I went to the box website and it said that because I have a USB modem i simply (ha!) have to use internet connection sharing via my PC to connect to xbox live. So I enable internet connection sharing (simple enough after reinstalling windows to get it working) then reinstall my bt modem (because reinstalling windows messed that up) then i need to connect my xbox to my pc via my ethernet port - my what? I am guessing I need to buy a network card for this. So I want to know of a cheap ethernet network card that will suffice for the above.

Any answers wouly be much appreciated, and might also bring me back from the verge of microsoft/BT induced suicide. thanks.

Jean-Luc Picard 12:12 31 Jul 03

Don't panic. Your right in your assumption that you will need a PCI network card for your pc. These are a breeze to fit and cost around £10. I have used a belkin card in the past and found it easy to set up and load the drivers for. Like yourself I used it to connect my Xbox live account. Don't skimp on the quality of crossover cable you use to connect the xbox to your pc. I can recommend the cat 5e cables supplied by scan computers for this purpose.

B_E_N 12:21 31 Jul 03

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…