Using an X-Box 360 pad on a PC

Cybermaxx 15:03 03 Dec 05

I've bought an X-Box 360 wired pad and installed it on my PC (using the proper Microsoft driver). I've been trying to use it with MAME, without success. The fire button works, but the directional controls don't. It only moves left. Any ideas?

hzhzhz 15:13 03 Dec 05

click here
This any use?.

Cybermaxx 15:35 03 Dec 05

Not really, but thanks anyway.

I've tried to calibrate the pad in Windows, but it looks as if the left stick isn't working properly. It just moves left all the time. I think I'll take it back and ask them (Gamestation) to test it out on their 360. If it works alright on that, I guess I'm stuck with it!

Totally-braindead 16:00 03 Dec 05

Not trying to be funny here but is the X box 360 controller actually designed to be connected to a PC in anycase?

hzhzhz 16:05 03 Dec 05

Yes, one version is compatible with pc.

Cybermaxx 19:35 03 Dec 05

braindead. Yes, the wired pad is compatible with Windows XP.

I took it back and they've given me a replacement, without any fuss. They couldn't test the other one because they don't have a 360 set up. Here goes again!

Cybermaxx 20:03 03 Dec 05

Hehe, it's exactly the same! It just moves to the left and up, same as the other one. What the hell is going on?! I can't calibrate it, I can't use it for gaming........... Something amiss here......

Cybermaxx 21:22 03 Dec 05

Sorted. I uninstalled the pad, deleted every file/folder with xbox in it, re-staretd my PC, then just plugged the pad in without the driver. It works.

I don't understand what the driver is for......

Heh, and to think I've already returned one perfectly good gamepad to gamestation!

woodchip 21:27 03 Dec 05

That's how much they are using. If you have four USB at the front then each would have 125mA for each port but things do not work like that on USB you could have one port using all the 500mA in one go. So that nothing else would work from other ports unless the item plugged in had its own mains power adapter

woodchip 21:28 03 Dec 05

Sorry wrong thread

Cybermaxx 21:31 03 Dec 05

Hehe, s'okay. It was interesting! I wondered where it was going when I started reading it.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…