Using Word

ponytail 08:38 AM 29 Aug 11

I have office 2007 and am having problems using word.I have to click on home every time I want to change something.I click on home then click on bold then I have to go back to home to select italic and then again to choose the size of the lettering and also when I choose the colour when I go to compose the document it is black not my chosen colour any ideas

eedcam 09:44 AM 29 Aug 11

Not got word 7 but dont you just highlight the words then chose the style or colouro

Woolwell 11:42 AM 29 Aug 11

If when using Word 2007 you use a different tab to the hone tab then you have to go back to Home to get the format ribbon. But it isn't a big deal. However it helps is you know some of the keyboard shortcuts eg ctrl-b toggles bold on and off, ctrl-i does the same for italics. This article may help Keyboard shortcuts.

With colour I am not sure whether you need to change the colour during a document or you want it to always open with a colour other than black. For the latter you need to set it as the default which changes the template.

Woolwell 11:46 AM 29 Aug 11

If you mean that you want to make several changes at once do as eedcam says highlight the word and make your changes.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…