using wifi

laurie_datlen 19:13 07 Sep 05

i have managed to connect to a wifi network but have no idea how to use the internet through it.

sum1 plz help me and tell me hw to do it

many thanks

laurie

Diodorus Siculus 19:16 07 Sep 05

click here

Stick with the helproom; likely to get more response, I hope.

woodchip 19:20 07 Sep 05

If you are connected, look for the Blue Internet Explorer Icon click or double click it

Jackcoms 19:24 07 Sep 05

"Stick with the helproom; likely to get more response".

Err, this is the Helproom.

woodchip 19:27 07 Sep 05

click the link and see where it takes you

Diodorus Siculus 19:30 07 Sep 05

Jackcoms - hence I am advising him to stay here, rather than with the network forum which the click here will take you to.

johnnyrocker 19:35 07 Sep 05

but which posting of his should be answered?

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 07 Sep 05
  Dipso 22:04 07 Sep 05

Is it your wifi network, if not read this first click here

johnnyrocker 01:08 08 Sep 05

it is about time you cut the crap and stuck to one posting.

johnny

Rico2005 03:23 08 Sep 05

Well if you r login to a wifi network you should have the IP address for the router.

If so you must key in these number without www. in your IE window and then make sure you key in the login details provided by your ISP... including 0 timeout once saved you may have to relaunch the webpage with your IP address for the router and click on connect.

Once green light, type a browser address to access the net... if you are securing wifi access from external source friends router for example you won't manage to access unless the router is unable for multiple access and you have the default IP address for it.

If you run it from a laptop you may have to enable the wireless connectivity and pair the devices (laptop and router) to enable the access

Last thing make sure there is a green flashing light on your wireless interface making sure the devices are paired!

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…