Using widows media player to burn mp3

WtheM 13:20 21 Sep 06

Hi. When using WMP 10, I can record music to my computer in mp3 format. Is it possible to then burn it to a cd as mp3 too, or am I trying to do the impossible?
Thanks.

skidzy 13:56 21 Sep 06

If you have already ripped the music in mp3,it should burn in mp3 with no problem.

WtheM 14:02 21 Sep 06

Well I've put one album onto a 700mb cd and it seems to have filled the cd. I assumed it would only have taken up a small amount of space?

skidzy 14:09 21 Sep 06

This little debate has been around for a while.

I know what you mean and i have been doing this now for a few years,though im happy with one album on a cd,others like to fit 2 if possible.Yes it can be done if you compress the files,but you may lose some of the quality.

Diodorus Siculus 14:23 21 Sep 06

What happens is when you burn an audio CD, the CD fills up with "time" rather than "data" so when your 70 minutes are up, that's it.

TonyM 14:28 21 Sep 06

If you use WMP to burn an Audio CD it will automatically convert the tracks back to normal CD format so that you can play it on an ordinary CD music player, which is why it takes up the whole disk. If you want to burn MP3 files onto a disc, you need to select DATA CD in the options on the burn screen - that way you will be able to fit loads of albums on one disk BUT most Home/car CD players won't be able to play it (some newer ones will).

WtheM 15:00 21 Sep 06

Ah that explains it! According to "my computer", they're recorded as "cd audio tracks" on the cd. Will try it as data cd and see how it goes.
Thanks to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac